We have beautiful fresh snow and everything has been groomed this morning. We have tracks for classic and skate skiing. We also have a packed snowshoe trail.
Steamboat Lake State Park Touring Center
Partly sunny, with a high near 44. South southwest wind around 10 mph.
Snow likely, mainly after 2am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 27. South wind around 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
Snow. High near 38. West southwest wind 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
Snow likely. Cloudy, with a low around 21. Southwest wind around 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
A 50 percent chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 30. West southwest wind 5 to 10 mph.
A 50 percent chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 17.
1. The junction of Pine Grove Rd and US 40 is at the first traffic light as you come into Steamboat Springs from the East on US 40. Ski Haus is on the south-east corner of the intersection.
2. Continue North on Highway 40 about 1 mile until it curves left (going West) and becomes Lincoln Avenue.
3. Travel West on US 40 through downtown Steamboat Springs for about 4 miles until you come to County Road 129. There is a traffic light and a 7-11 at this intersection.
4. Turn right (North) on County Road 129 and drive 25 miles (go past Clark) to the Steamboat Lake Visitor Center located on the left side of the road. The Visitor Center is just past Steamboat Lake Outfitters and Hahn's Peak Village.
5. Park at the visitor center to get information and pick up a parks pass. Passes are available after hours from the self-service dispensor near the front door of the building. Park behind the building and access the trails from there ... you will love this quiet and scenic area!
The Steamboat Lake State Park Touring Center is located at over 8000 feet of elevation and offers some of the best early and late season snow in the area. Located within the boundaries of the park the touring center is nestled between Hahn's Peak and Sand Mountain just 40
minutes North of Steamboat Springs.
The area is officially open by the weekend before Christmas but trails are usually groomed a week or two earlier. Trail users are required to purchase a daily parks pass which is $7.00 per vehicle. Passes are available at the park visitor center or from the self-service station during the evenings. Dogs are allowed but must be on a 6-foot leash at all times. The leash law is strictly enforced so opt to ski the National Forest trails if you want your dog to run.
The touring center features 15 kilometers of groomed trails and all trails are groomed at least twice per week. Most of the terrain in the area is beginner and intermediate but there are a few more challenging runs as well. If you enjoy well groomed trails, breathtaking views, and no crowds you will love this area.
Ski rentals are available in Steamboat Springs.
All grooming at the park is provided by the Steamboat Lake Snow Club, a local non-profit. Meals are available in the area at the Clark Store Deli, Glen Eden, Hahn's Peak Cafe, and Steamboat Lake Outfitters. Rental cabins are available from the Marina call 970-879-7019. Uurts are also available at the park. Contact the park at (970) 879-3922 for additional information.
No ski or snow shoe rentals are available at the park so bring your gear with you from town.
Steamboat Lake State Park
P.O. Box 750
Clark, CO 80428
Latest Trail Condition for Steamboat Lake State Park Touring Center
Sat, 02/16/2013 - 2:21pm% Open:100km Open:Weather:Sunny in the 20s
Latest Trail Conditions
Lake Catamount Touring Center
Wed, 12/18/2013 - 8:42amkm Open:30% Open:100Weather:clear skies 2 degrees @ 8amTrail Conditions:Heritage and Connector loops were re-groomed this morning. All other trails are still in good condition. Lunch is served today . 871-6667
- 1 of 5
- next ›